Okay so i have to be sad for one moment...I know Allie Harris is growing up and there is nothing i can do about it but i had my first moment that i am having a hard time letting go of! Every night at bedtime i rock Allie Harris and sing to her and she immediately plops her head on my shoulder and falls asleep. It is like our little quiet time moment together. Well, i am sad this morning because as of this weekend, she no longer wants to fall asleep while rocking. She wants you to put her down and let her be in her bed to fall asleep. I know this is a good thing, but i am so upset about her not needing me anymore! (Meghan i know you can empathise with me, can i get a little comfort from another mother!!! i know you understand my sorrows!) And i know you all think i am so ridiculous for being so sad about it, but you just wait and see how it makes you feel!!! It is only the beginning of her detaching from me and wanting her daddy more than her mommy : ( I will live and i will be okay but i will miss my baby snuggling under my neck while she rubs my lip and falls into a deep sleep for 12 hours...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is so hard to see them grow up so fast! I totally feel ya! Hang in there!:)
It is hard..Hastings is beginning to do the same thing. Ryan gave Hastings a bottle one night this week and it was the first time in like 4 months...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last bottle feeding.
Post a Comment